Inside Secrets: What To Expect When You Hire A Remodeler (Part 3)
As we complete the series on doing your homework before you hire a professional to renovate your home, we address the last of the 3 biggest fears that homeowners’ have when contemplating a home renovation.
Fear #3: The Job Won’t Be Completed On Time
Although television has given us entire home remodels and home ﬂips in just under an hour, the sizzle never matches reality! When is the last time you painted a room in your home? I’ll bet it took far longer than just an hour! Now let’s discuss ﬁnishing that basement, or adding a sunroom to the back of your home, or completely overhauling the master bathroom. Once you understand the reality, you will be in a better position to discuss and establish a reasonable timeline with your home professional.
Questions to consider:
- How soon can the job start?
- Do you have a ﬁrm completion date in mind?
- Will the home be occupied or empty while the renovation is underway?
- Will you always be available if problems occur?
- Is your renovation dependent on customized pieces that are being shipped from overseas?
- How will the weather impact your renovation?
- Are there family functions (anniversary, birthday, wedding) planned during remodeling?
You need to be able to fully depend on the professional contractor who is contracted to realize your dream. This means that he or she is able to communicate with you on a daily basis to let you know how the job is progressing or if there are any issues that may impact the schedule. Ongoing dialogue helps combat fears so that you can count on the contractor’s ability to respect a schedule.
Quality Craftsmen has a strong “70-Man Team” to accomplish every project on time, with a true focus on quality and attention to detail. Our depth of knowledge and experienced manpower allows us to stay on the project without time gaps, delays or excuses. Quality might take time, but corners are never cut.