Welcome furry friends! The party’s about to start!

buckinghampestcontrol

You’re fast asleep in your warm bed, or maybe even at work on a cold, drizzly day. At your Marietta home, the guests are ready, and the party host is about to light the barbecue – in your attic! You’re not welcome to the party but you will most certainly be paying for it! A little humor perhaps for what is potentially a dangerous and costly situation!

The barbecue we’re talking about here involves unwanted house crashers in the form of mice, rats, squirrels, or raccoons who have decided that your East Cobb home is large and warm enough to share. While they’re there, they’ll help out with a little remodeling, a little enlargement of small holes for those clearer sight lines as they scurry from one area of your attic to another and through areas with electrical wires. Oh, and who put those unsightly wires there in the first place? A little nibble here and there, biting through wood to enlarge the framing holes, or moving the insulation around will take care of those annoyances.

Frayed or old wiring, winter weather, faulty electrical products, overloaded circuits, defective chimneys, damaged extension cords, and occasionally animal pests looking for warmth in your attic space, are all contributing factors to house fires in the Roswell and Marietta area. Overloaded electrical circuits, gnawed electrical insulation, or wires that have been loosened by passing animals may arc and generate heat of 1500 to 1800 Fahrenheit according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.

If you suspect any of these conditions might be affecting the safety of your home, particularly those built in the 1960s and 1970s which might still have failing aluminum wiring connections, call a professional, licensed remodeling company to inspect or upgrade your wiring as they are up to date on electrical and building code changes. If you’re thinking of renovating your home, adding an addition, or updating your appliances, you definitely need to think of the electrical condition of your home before you incur unexpected cost, damage, or worse, that can arise as a result of an electrical fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *