Top 5 Kitchen Cabinetry Trends for 2014
If you’re considering remodeling your Marietta kitchen, a great place to start is the cabinets. Updating the cabinets will dramatically improve the look of your kitchen by accenting the floors and countertops. With an endless array of options to choose from, we recommend viewing home design magazines and perusing dream kitchens in pinterest prior to meeting with a quality contractor.
Here are a few design ideas to consider when updating your cabinets:
1. Light and Simple- White (or off-white) Shaker-style doors create a light and clean look
2. Build in Efficiency – Spice racks and lazy susans will make a kitchen much more efficient. Take things a few steps further by converting pullout drawers into cutting boards or tight spaces being used to hold baking sheets and pizza trays.
3. Multifunctional Island – Rather than adding a kitchen island, consider adding a large rectangular table that can serve double duty as a food prep station and a dinner table.
4. Glass Front Cabinet Doors – Adding glass cabinet doors gives the eye a break from wall to wall cabinetry. Adding wallpaper or painting the back of the cabinets adds a subtle accent to your cabinet color. Adding contrasting colored dishes will also have the same effect.
5. Mismatched Cabinets – A cabinet or island in a color or wood that’s different from the rest of the kitchen works much like a patterned scarf with a solid-color shirt. More than a finishing touch, it breaks up the monotony to become a pivotal design piece.
Depending on your timeline and budget, we recommend updating the floors, countertops and cabinets all at the same time. For starters, it will be less interruption to your family’s daily lives. Also, starting with a consistent look on all three areas will ensure you won’t have to change the look based on your changing design preference later down the road.
Updating your marietta kitchen can be a daunting task and is best left to the pros. Ensure your quality contractor has a reputable history in the area and scope of project. Beware of low bids as price differences are often met with reduced labor quality, reduced material quality, and unanswered phone calls when you need them the most.
Update your kitchen cabinets this fall and you’ll be sure to fall in love with your home….all over again.