5 Design Ideas For Your Kitchen Remodel
Your kitchen is one of the most used rooms in your home, so if you’re considering a kitchen remodel this Fall, here are 5 design ideas to consider:
1. White kitchens – White cabinets are timeless and work for all kinds of styles – country, european, contemporary, modern. When choosing paint colors, pick a contrasting wall color such as blue, cranberry, or green that is sure to make your cabinets stand out. White kitchens give you the flexibility to incorporate different colors depending on your style and mood. *Image Credit: BHG.com
2. Colorful Backsplashes – Grand Designs magazine has placed this as the number 1 trend for 2014. Neutral colors are decorating staples and a favorite for kitchens. Add a touch of style with a wood backsplash that looks great and also adds a natural texture. *Image Credit: BHG.com
3. Scone Lighting – Hidden spots under cupboards has been the prevailing trend in kitchens for the past 5 years, however now we are seeing a move back to exposed, sconce lighting. Look for lighting fixtures that are showpieces in themselves. We’re leaning towards rustic metal fittings, copper and brass, however don’t feel constrained to the traditional.
4. Black Countertops – Utilizing natural black countertops of granite or quartz is sure to make your kitchen appear timeless. Countertops are offered in a number of finishing options: *Image Credit: BHG.com
Polished- Most popular with its reflective, mirror gloss appearance.
Honed- A matte (non shiny) appearance that is non-reflective.
Antique- offers a brushed, dull appearance that is slightly textured. While an antique finish can be used for countertops, it may be a better choice for fireplace surrounds, or flooring applications.
5. A Chef’s Kitchen – Any large, impressive kitchen with all the utensils, counter space, ventilation and appliances which would be fit for a chef is impressive, and when designed and implemented right, can be the centerpiece of the entire house. A spacious island and ample counter space is essential for a chef’s kitchen, just as important as the dual convection ovens and viking stove. *Image Credit: BHG.com
With the holidays right around the corner the late summer months are a great time to start your kitchen renovation. Whatever your style and budget, Quality Craftsmen has been Marietta Ga’s trusted kitchen remodeler for over 23 years. With Quality Craftsmen, You’ll Fall In Love With Your Home All Over Again.