90% Dust Free Renovations!
Universal Home Design
Universal design is a home that welcomes all ages. Through the normal changes brought on by aging and multiple generations of families living under one roof, standard features in a home become barriers and obstacles for everyday living. Quality Craftsmen considers your holistic life experience and how you use your space now and in the future.
Quality Craftsmen understands how universal design can affect your loved ones’ quality of life; we know how to seamlessly incorporate these changes into your home remodel.
Why choose Quality Craftsmen for your Universal Design Project?
- Professional Accountability and Experience: NARI & NAHB Certified Member with 5+ years of Universal Design Experience.
- Ranked 224 of Top 550 Remodelers in the nation.
- Voted Around Walton Reader’s Choice 2011, 2012, 2013.
- Unprecedented 3 year warranty on workmanship.
- No PART TIME Labor, only trade professionals with 20+ years of experience.
- Always expect an ON SITE Experienced Project Manager.
Kitchen Features and Products Using Universal Design
- Eliminate trip hazards - No-step flooring for uninterrupted wheelchair mobility.
- Eliminate Bending or Crouching - Installing custom kitchen cabinets with pull-out heat resistant countertops, swiveling cabinet doors, elevated dishwashers, pull-out storage and adjustable height sink at the touch of a button.
- Hardware Consideration - Touchless faucets, single lever faucets, lever style door knobs.
- Increased Kitchen Island Functionality - Vary counter heights, incorporate recessed areas and install a lower-placed microwave.
- Auto on/off light switches.
- Barrier-free shower provide independent access to shower for
all ages and disabilities.
- Non-slip flooring
- Universal shower with lever style handles, adjustable handheld spray with wall mounted controls.
- Design incorporated grab bars.
- Bathtub removal and shower installation.
- Increased Mobility - widening of doorways, hallways and high traffic areas.
- Stair wheelchair lifts
- Adjustable height poles in closets and doorways.
- Introduce contrasts and textures as reliable indicators of a change in direction, floor level or other features.
We can guide you in making your home more energy efficient to help reduce high energy bills, improve comfort and help to protect the environment.
- Radiant Barrier – Earthwise Super Green Attic Energy Barrier stops 97% of radiant heat loss in your attic and works in summer and winter.
- Insulation – Over 80% of all homes are under insulated. The most effective way to lower home energy loss is to begin with a properly insulated attic. With proper insulation you can save up to 25% on your energy bill.
- House Wrap – Using a moisture barrier house wrap and foil insulated board allows moisture to pass from the interior of your home to the exterior. Serving as a 1-way valve, this wrap allows moisture to escape but keeps the heat or cool air in to increase efficiency and reduce cost.
- Windows and Doors – You’ll find many styles, shapes, and features and packages when looking for doors and windows. Quality Craftsmen utilizes superior products from Jeld Wen, Pella and Simonton. Consider which style will best suit your home and family and what thermal performance features will be ideal for your home. Doors and windows can increase your home's value through greater curb appeal and reduce costs due to greater efficiency. Consider low E, argon and krypton gas with air tight seals for windows that offer low maintenance with high performance. With doors, examine material needs such as steel, fiberglass and wood. Quality Craftsmen possesses the knowledge to assist in decision making options.
Your Home is about to go through a Renovation
Any remodeling project is going to have elements of stress. You know you’ll have to adjust to people working on your home. But that doesn’t mean you and your family have to live in a construction zone.
Throughout your remodeling project, dust will blow everywhere. It can be an inconvenience to find all your possessions covered in dust – but it’s also a health risk. Dust can trigger asthma attacks and allergic reactions. Not to mention, it can severely affect people with respiratory diseases. Don’t get caught off guard.
Inevitably, there is going to need to be a post-construction final cleaning. But a traditional remodeling clean up can become a major hassle if the dust isn’t controlled or the cleaning isn’t done properly.
There is a better way - The Quality Craftsmen Way!
We feel that your family, pets and possessions shouldn’t have to suffer from dust. For optimal control, we use the BuildClean Dust Control System to eliminate 90% of airborne dust.
We strive to provide a healthy, clean environment in order to minimize the stress of a remodeling project.
Quality Craftsmen is different from the typical home remodeler. We will work tirelessly to keep you as comfortable throughout the project, while giving you the exceptional experience you deserve.